Adolph Hitler Remark Lands Spicer On Hot Seat
Current Events –
Adolph Hitler Remark
Lands Spicer On Hot Seat
White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer has done it again. Yes, Trump’s top spokesman is known for being a longtime sufferer of chronic “open-mouth-insert-foot” disease. However, a flippant remark made Tuesday involving Adolf Hitler could evolve into last rites for the Trump talker.
When asked during a press conference about Russia’s position on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and the chemical attack against his own people last week, Spicer attempted (but failed) to make a clever Nazi Germany comparison.
“You had someone who was as despicable as Hitler who didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons,” Spicer said. “So you have to, if you are Russia, ask yourself is this a country that you and a regime that you want to align yourself with.”
Apparently, Spicer either suffered a mild stroke while making his remarks, or has no recollection of world history prior to 1945, or is just plain stupid, but Adolph Hitler used plenty of chemical weapons — by ordering the executions of millions of Jews in gas chambers during World War II.
Recognizing that Spicer goofed, reporters felt charitable and gave him a 2nd opportunity to correct his comments. Regrettably, his 2nd attempt was somehow worse than the 1st!
“I think when you come to sarin gas, [Adolph Hitler] was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing,” Spicer said. “But in the way that Assad used them, where he went into towns and dropped them down to innocents in the middle of towns.”
Needless to say, public backlash against Sean Spicer has not been kind. Since his remarks, an entire world of Jews has been calling for his head on a platter. Additionally, social media has been feasting on Spicer like a pride of lions on a freshly killed gazelle. Even Democratic House Leader Nancy Pelosi has called for Spicer to be fired for his insensitive ignorance.
Eventually, someone must have pulled Spicer aside to educate him on his fact-less remark, prompting him to issue a swift apology. Unfortunately, many are calling it too little, too late.
Since Sean Spicer seems oblivious to the actions of Adolph Hitler, here’s a small history lesson for him:
• Step 1 for Hitler was to discredit the media.
• Step 2 was to silence scientists and government employees.
• Hate crimes against minorities grew to the highest in their country’s history. Clashes between parties became so extensive that Hitler ended civil liberties (Step 3), giving “law and order” as the cause. Those who opposed Hitler were ridiculed and threatened.
• In Step 4, wealthy supporters purchased media outlets, employing only those faithful to the ruling party.
• In his final step (Step 5) Hitler declared that the only way the country could be unified was to restore traditional values. Minorities including gays, the disabled, Jews, Roma, and people of color were considered “inferior” and sent to death camps for slaughter.
Based on this information, at least the first several steps sound less like Syria’s al-Assad and perhaps a bit more like a certain orange-haired New York billionaire now residing in Washington. Hmmm…